What is Tel-Psychiatry?
- Tel-psychiatry is an innovative form of classic psychiatric care, which provides mental health services to patients at the comfort of their home.
- It uses secure, real-time audio and video-based technology to connect psychiatrists and patients virtually through the use of video on computer, laptop, I-pad, tablet or phone.
- It is especially good for patients who want to see psychiatrist immediately and do not have the time to wait for an appointment at a traditional psychiatrist’s office.
- People use tel-psychiatry for variety of reasons including anxiety, depression, bipolar disorder, psychosis, addiction and other forms of mental illness.
Who will benefit from Tel-Psychiatry?
- High profile individuals.
- Professionals and business executives.
- People that prefer saving time and money over traditional mental health services.
- People with limited time due to work or other obligations
- People who don’t want to go though their insurance.
- Special Population- children, elderly etc.
- People with fear of leaving home
- People with fear of being around others
- People with severe anxiety or panic attacks
- People that don’t want to be seen at a psychiatrist’s office
What conditions do we treat?
Psychiatrists can treat the same mental health issues through tel-psychiatry as
They can during an office visit.
- Panic disorder
- Substance abuse issues
- Suboxone treatment
- Behavior problems
- Cognitive disorders
Will my personal health information be safe?
Yes- these services adhere to the HIPAA and are is highly secure. Patients receive
the same protection as they do at an in-person visit.
Is the video system secure?
Yes, The service provider encrypts any data and video you send electronically to
make sure your records are safe.
Can I connect to a psychiatrist from my home?
Yes, any you can see psychiatrist anyplace that has internet connection
Will my insurance cover the cost of my tel-psychiatry visit?
At this time, I do not take any insurance. However you may submit bill to your
Insurance company for reimbursement
What Does a Typical Tele psychiatry Patient Experience?
- To begin your online session, you and your patient each log in to your portal
- At the click of a button you will see each other face-to-face on screen and conduct
- Your session just as you would in the office. This is similar to skype or Video chat like face time
- We will give you user name and password to login to secure site
- At the time of appointment you will login and start session with psychiatrist
- After the appointment the psychiatrist will send medication to choice of your pharmacy